JOB ANNOUNCEMENTPosted on 24/01/2022
POSITION (full- time): Head of Finance and Administration
“The Center for School Leadership” has been established as result of cooperation between Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) and Ministry of Education and Sport (MoES) aiming to support the professional development of in-service and aspiring principals/ vice principals of public or private pre-university educational institutions, by administering the compulsory training, certification process and provide on-the-job continuous professional development training.
The end goal of this center is to provide schools with well-equipped leaders, positively affect school environment and directly increase the quality of education.
Main tasks of CSL are to:
- Develop, lead and monitor the process of initial training for in-service principals/ vice-principals and aspiring principals
- Conduct testing process and equip all qualified candidates with a valid certification in order to be eligible for a school leadership position.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other educational institutions in Albania to improve school leadership policy and standards.
- Periodically assess needs for training and offer continuous professional development courses for school principals
- Lead and develop scientific research for school principal professional development and conduct relevant studies on the field.
- Develop projects that supports the quality-of-service delivery in the pre-higher education institutions in Albania
- Facilitate collaboration with similar international institutions.
HoFA is responsible for managing the CSL functions; reporting to the higher-level management on the financial and accounting activities of the CSL; and supporting the CEO and BoT in the decision-making process with regard to finance and accounting area. HoFA incorporates best practices in decision-making, and handles supervisory for the full spectrum of activities foreseen in the finance area, including accounting, budgeting, reporting etc. The HoFA must comply with established accounting policies and procedures
- Provide analysis and advise to the CEO on the potential implications of proposed changes in accounting and fiscal rules / policies and legislation.
- Monitor the performance of the fiscal compliance function.
- Take lead in recommending improvements to accounting / transaction processes of the CSL.
- Review thoroughly the balance sheet / control accounts reconciliation and ensure the balances reported in the financial statements are complete and accurate.
- Sign off the financial statements and other financial reporting.
- Coordinate the activities for budgeting process and budget implementation reporting.
- Ensure timely and accurate analysis of budgets and financial reports in order to assist the CEO and the BoT in performing their responsibilities.
- Ensure a reliable cash flow projection process and currency conversion planning.
- Improve continuously the budgeting process through orientation of managers on financial issues affecting department budgets.
- Manage and facilitate the payroll.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships.
- Advise from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the CSL may enter.
- Develop financial and tax strategies, to ensure an optimal fiscal burden for the CSL.
- Keep and update accounting records on daily basis;
- Ensure accuracy and timely entry of the accounting records;
- Preparation of monthly financial reports, as required by the AADF PM and / or CEO;
- Maintain fixed assets register;
- Reconcile monthly the cashbook and bankbook, the petty cash balance; and the accounting ledgers;
- Ensure complete and accurate description of transactions is entered and proper coding as per budget line;
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (Master’s degree and international acknowledged certificate in accounting is an advantage;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience;
- Very good English communication skills both written and verbal;
- Working experience with local or international /non-for-profit organizations is an advantage;
- Have a comprehensive understanding of financial services functions and high level of general accounting knowledge and experience;
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and databases;
- A fast and highly accurate level of data entry and analysis;
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses;
- Excellent strategic planning skills;
- Ability to plan, manage and follow through on assignments and communicate at all levels of the organization;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive and tactful manner;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation;
- PC proficiency is essential.
Interested candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to the following address: email@example.com and please reference the job title in your message. Electronic applications accepted only. All applicants will receive a confirmation that their electronic submission was received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline for application is February 7, 2022